Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Elimin8 List

Okay, we know it every time we want to lose weight. Something has to go. We also know it's going to be something we love to eat. I mean, we love to eat it, we eat it, we gained the weight. We probably wouldn't be where we are, if we hadn't eaten so much of it. So, Advocare has what I call the Elimin8 List for the 24 Day Challenge. Before we start building our initial eating plan and grocery list, let's see what WON'T be on that list (and eat it all now before the 8th!)

Here it is alphabetically:
Alcohol - you can't be surprised by that one
Bread - I love sandwiches at lunch! But I'll live.
Butter - I cook with it. Not now.
Cereal - no sacrifice really. I rarely eat breakfast, so cereal I can give up without much angst.
Cheese - ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?! I come from a cheese-eating family! I remember giving my Grandpa a cheese puzzle one year - picture of cheese, not made of cheese. He hung it in their kitchen after it was completed. Seriously, cheese is a staple for me. But okay.
Chips  - I like chips, but they're mainly a lunch thing. I can live without those. Don't tell my grandson I'm giving up spicy chips. :-)
Coffee - Due to stomach issues back in November and December, I gave up my morning Starbucks coffee. I think I'm cured of that one.
Corn (first 10 days) - love it, but don't eat it that often, unless it's a corn chip.
Crackers - Love crackers, but only if they have CHEESE on them. I do like crackers with salads too. But I can do it.
Donuts - Sorry NetOps Department. No more jelly-filled Munchkins or Boston Creams from Dunkin.
Flour - That just makes me think too much. I don't grab a handful of flour and eat it. I'm thinking by giving up crackers, bread and fried foods, I'll pretty much take care of the flour.
Fried Food - no surprise.
Fruit Juice - rarely drink fruit juice unless it the Naked Juice brand. Love that stuff, but can live without.
Lobster - I don't mean to be a snob, but my husband cooks lobster for us at least once a month. LOVE IT! Especially dipped in butter. And I wonder why I'm overw8.
Margarine - who needs it when you have butter?! Oh, no butter either. Okay. Naked popcorn. Oh, that's corn isn't it. Now there's a problem. But I am woman, hear me roar...I can do this!
Mayonnaise - addicted. Once I had french fries with mayo in Holland, I've been hooked. I'd normally say, don't knock it 'til you try it, but DON'T try it. We aren't eating fried foods OR mayo.  
Milk - love the Chai from Starbucks. That's okay. I'll save a buck ($4) and the gas it takes to go through the drive thru each morning.
Pastries - Seriously, they're just being fancy for cookies, pies and cake. You know sugar is coming up, don't you?
Shrimp - Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Don and I eat shrimp at LEAST once a week. They are bottom-dwellers and eat fish crap (literally), so if we're trying to cleanse, probably not the best food choice. I shall miss you my little friends. I better warn the seafood guy at Publix. I think he wraps up a few pounds of local shrimp when my car hits the parking lot.
Soda - water is fine with me. I like a good, cold diet coke or diet Dr. Pepper every now and then with my now elimin8ed popcorn or crackers and CHEESE! So what's the use?
Sugar - DUH!
Anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup - If it's sweet and isn't whole fruit, spit it out!!!! Or don't touch it to begin with.
Anything with over 30 carbs - I'm thinking they've covered that already.
There we are. We'll naturally lose weight because there isn't much else that we like to eat left to eat. I jest. Last time I was doing this I found some great new tastes that I love. Hummus and cucumbers. YUM! Asparagus wrapped in turkey - YUMBO! The key is planning it out before you walk in the grocery store. We'll be working on the grocery list in a couple of days. Get fired up! I KNOW I WILL FEEL BETTER. If you do what I do, you'll lose weight and feel healthier. If you do it with Advocare products, YOU WILL BE AMAZED!!! I promise! Stay tuned, I'm going to finish up all the cheese in the fridge right now. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm soooo proud of you! I will be following along and myself trying to lose some weight. 2010 was not that gr8 for my hips and butt! I have seen Advocare somewhere and will have to check into that again! Anyway, keep up the gr8 work and I'll be right there with you (across the miles)! Go Chiefs!!!! Just don't embarass us!

    ReplyDelete