Saturday, January 1, 2011

In the beginning...

In the beginning we are probably more healthy than we feel. At some point we have a friend who is thinner, cuter, more popular and more stylish than we are. So we start thinking we are fat. Then, we become fat. I look at pictures of myself when I THOUGHT I was fat, and I wasn't. Well, now I am. I'm at least 70 pounds overw8. I keep saying, I'll start my diet on Monday. No, the first of the month. No, when I finish this project. No, when I... And I never get there. It's the gr8 w8. And the number on the scale is the GR8 W8. So, no more.

My son and daughter-in-law are Advocare distributors. I purchased the 24 day challenge to help their business. BUT IT WORKED. At least the cleanse did. I didn't do the extra 14 days because - you know - the project, the travel, the going-away lunches. WHATEVER!

Now I have a big promotion at work. I'll be traveling representing my organization. To top it off, we're kicking off a Nine Healthy Habits product for young people. Hello!?!?!?!?! I'M NOT HEALTHY. Now is the time to get there. And I choose Advocare. I like the products. I like the way I felt using them. So, now is the time to focus and just do it! (thanks for the slogan Nike).

Since this blog focuses on 8's - I'll start January 8. Why w8? I didn't order my product in time to start earlier. Plus we do have an 8 theme going. So, I'm 48 and overw8. By 49, I will be feeling fine! So why the blog? You might want to join me. You can start with me, or you can follow my progress at any time. I'll blog what I 8, and you can replic8 it - or modify it and do what works for you.

I hope you'll join me on the journey to being healthy and being who we were meant to be. I can't W8!

No comments:

Post a Comment