Sunday, January 9, 2011

Prepar8ion complete

Yes, I was initially going to start the 24 day challenge on the 8th. Life got in the way, and I was not able to complete my preparations. But they are now complete. Saturday was the big shopping visit. Asparagus, hummus, cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, salmon, tilapia, orange roughy, chicken, turkey, roast beef, water, V8, navel oranges, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc.

Right now my eggs are boiling. They are my mid-morning snack and an easy protein to take to work. My lunch "box" is ready. My ice pack is freezing. Now it's time to fill it.

The overview of the daily schedule is this:
Rise
Take 3 Catalyst with 8 oz of water
Followed by a Spark while getting ready
When the Spark is done, I'll drink my Citrus cleanse drink.
30 minutes later, I'll climb in the car and drink my chocolate breakfast shake on the way to work.

Around 10:30, I'll have a fruit and an egg or two

Around 12:30 or 1pm I'll have my salad. I purchased turkey to put on my salad tomorrow. After that, I usually use leftover meat from the night before. My salad will also have bell peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, tomatoes, possibly egg, and asparagus on it. My dressing, which might be a bit off the diet but not by much, is the Makoto ginger dressing. I could drink the stuff. It only has 1 gram of sugar, so I'm thinking I'm okay.

I'll have another Spark in the afternoon. My 4pm snack will be either cucumber and hummus (YUM) or asparagus wrapped in roast beef.

Dinner is going to be cedar plank salmon with olive oil and garlic grilled outside with grilled squash, zucchini and onions. Now, do I sound like I'll be suffering? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. If I need something sweet I'll eat some berries before bed. I'll take my cleanse tablets and sleep tight.

There is a lot of water consumption going on at the same time, but I won't bore you with those minute details.

My farewell dinner is of course, SHRIMP and GRITS! I will miss my shrimp, but will be fine. I know of two challenges coming up this week. A lunch meeting and a dinner with friends at Chart House. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Kudos to my sista, Amy who has been cranking up the treadmill. Go sista go! She's in Tennessee where it C.O.L.D. Let me know what you're doing and if you have any snack or meal tips that avoid the No!No! List.

Looking forward to ending the W8!

No comments:

Post a Comment